Yay! I’m starting to realize that I really like month long bookathons. They give you a lot more freedom, and the challenges are always fun to do. This year I participated in the Christmas Bookathon! In total I read 5 books and completed 6 challenges. The last week of the bookathon I lost interest in the books I had selected so I read other books that didn’t count towards the challenges.
1) Read a book with red AND green on the cover Book: Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
2) Read a book set during Christmas or a Christmas classic
3) Read a hardcover or paperback with either WHITE, GOLD or SNOW on the cover Book: Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
4) Read a book set in winter Book: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
5) Read a book that you recently got as a Christmas present or a book that was recommended to you by a friend
6) Read an author you’ve never read before Book: Cashing Vermeer by Blue Balliett
7) Read a children’s book set in Christmas Book: Russell’s Christmas Magic
8) Read a book that’s been on your TBR since last Christmas Book: Mort by Terry Pratchett
9) Read a summer/holiday romance
10) Read a book that has a different cultural or religious aspect to your own
11) Read a book with the word Snow, Red, White, Green or Christmas in the title
12) As Christmas is the season of giving – Donate a book/books to your local charity, goodwill or secondhand bookstore and if you can find a good book there buy one in return and read it.
I completed 6 challenges and read 5 different books. The main reason I didn’t complete the other challenges was because they would have required me to buy more books, and my main goal for doing the bookathon was to read some of the books I already own. But I also did lose interest in some of the books I had selected before the bookathon started, and I just read something else that didn’t fit in with the challenges.
I really like bookathons, they help me choose books and keep me motivated. Sometimes, it’s a little hard to just pick up a book and read instead of sitting down to watch TV.
I’m really looking forward to participating in other bookathons!